Friday 24 October 2008

Illustration Friday - "Late"


"As the shadows grew, she began to regret her decision to make a late visit to Grandma."

My entry for the latest Illustration Friday challenge, on the theme of "Late." This image came to me at the Feist concert. It's not quite what I had in mind, but it will do for now. This is a pencil sketch, inked and colored in Photoshop, with scanned paper texture applied. This is also the second time in about ten years that I've drawn Little Red Riding Hood. This illustration is © Chris Chuckry.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

damon said...

nice drawing

Anonymous said...

i like it Chris, especially the texture and colouring.

Unknown said...

Tremendous presentation Chris. I found some more interesting illustrations in http://www.illustrationweb.com

Check this site and you may get some more creative ideas.

Rosalia Lerner said...

She was...
Nice idea/work!!

Kevin Spear said...

I like the mood the color brings. Perfect for Halloween too.

Mark Cavell said...

Wondeful drawing, it has a kind of 1940’s feel.

Mark Cavell said...

Wonderful drawing, it’s got a kind of 1940’s feel to me.